Sunday 11 August 2013

Coconut Water

There is no secret as to where this deliciously thirstquenching water comes from. In its natural form it is found exclusively inside every young coconut. In countries where coconuts grow wild the drink is obviously more popular, but lately I have noticed a surge in coconut water in Eastern Canada. It has a slightly sweet taste and yet contains an excellent source of potassium and vitamin C, is low in salt, fat and cholesterol free, and obviously gluten-free as well. I've recently tried coconut water from Thailand and Brazil, both of which were around the $2-$3 mark for a size no bigger than a regular soda can. Many companies are marketing coconut water as an energy/sports drink due to its high potassium content which may or may not be true. The first time I tried it I didn't particularly enjoy the taste. It grew on me to the point that I actually do enjoy it but due to the high price rarely buy it.

Check out this random Coconut Water Website and read more on the dubious benefits of Coconut Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment