Sunday 14 September 2014

Art and Nature

How does one define art/artists within nature? Is it even possible? One summer I met a pair of fascinating Greek sisters who lived in Whitehorse, Yukon. They had a knack for using leaves and grass to create all sorts of creative designs. I was convinced they were real artists-in-the-making. Then again other summers I thought that the person responsible for all the plant art around Mont-Tremblant or Bonnett House in Fort Lauderdale was a true artist. It's getting harder and harder to coin a definition for any type of art. Below are some of my favourite quotes by famous artists; long gone but never forgotten.

Vincent Van Gogh: 
"I dream my painting and I paint my dream."
Pablo Picasso: 
"Every child is an artist. 
The problem is how to remain an artist once (s)he grows up."
Oscar Wilde:
"Art is the only serious thing in the world.
And the artist is the only person who is never serious."
Leonardo Da Vinci:
"Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt,
and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment