Sunday 16 June 2013

House Plants

When I first moved into my tiny apartment in Ottawa I had no plants. The year went by and although I attempted to grow some edelweiss flowers, they quickly perished after a two week absence. This year I have been much more modest in my green selections. I have a small bamboo plant that sits by the window that requires minimal water (pictured below). My poor cat went from enjoying the outdoors of our subarban Montreal garden to being a slave to this small downtown Ottawa apartment, so for him I buy special "cat grass" which he enjoys for about 1-2 weeks until it's no longer fresh (also pictured). Lastly, I have a mini palm tree that I bought at a souvenir shop in Florida. I don't know how long it will last but I am hopeful as it's also one of those plants with little maintenance required. From time to time I buy a basil plant for food flavoring but that obviously does not last very long. At the moment I'm looking forward to finishing my degree in Ottawa and moving to a new city that has yet to be determined!!

No comments:

Post a Comment