Monday 10 June 2013

Most Processed Foods

I don't think this is surprising news to anyone who reads this blog, but lately I've been seeing a lot of my friends consuming 2-3 items on this list and it's troubling. I have to admit I have a weakness for pizza and nachos but I make sure to have them once or twice a month at the most. Being a vegetarian helps in not eating a few items on this list but one should avoid these foods for plenty of other reasons. In no particular order: high sodium levels, high calorie/fat content, little to no nutritional value, etc. I think we all know by now to avoid these foods as much as we can, but every now and then it's good to get a little reminder. On a related personal note, I recently lost a filling thanks to a frozen gummy bear in an ice-cream sundae, so I'm far from perfect!
  • Hamburgers/Hot Dogs
  • Cold Cuts
  • Pizza
  • Fried chicken
  • French fries
  • Milkshakes
  • Specialty coffee drinks
  • Soft Drinks
  • Doughnuts/Cakes
  • Tacos/nachos

No comments:

Post a Comment