Thursday 23 May 2013

Florida Everglades

I was quite delighted last month when my friend took me to visit the Everglades during a short visit to Florida. It was a scorching hot day and we were ill-prepared for the intensity of the sun, but had a great time nonetheless. We took a 30-minute "air-boat" around the Everglades scouring the waters for alligators to no avail. Apparently they prefer to make appearances in the morning (especially on really hot days) and since we had arrived after 2pm we did not get to see any in their natural habitat. We did, however, manage to plenty of them at the nearby zoo and I even got to hold a baby alligator which was quite the experience! Definitely an attraction I would recommend if you ever find yourself in the area.

Read up on the area: Florida Everglades or book an air-boat tour: Sawgrass Recreation Park


No comments:

Post a Comment