Saturday 15 September 2012

Fried Green Tomatoes

I have moved to a tiny apartment in Ottawa. My Montreal garden has sadly been laid to rest until next summer. The last thing I remember seeing was the late flourishing of many tomatoes. Very odd for late August. They were still hard and green but it's only a matter of time before they change color. Fried green tomatoes actually taste really great! In the few short days that I had to reap the garden's benefit I was enjoying mint, parsley, spring onions, and jalapenos on almost a daily basis. I wish I could say I can't wait until next spring but there is no guarantee that I'll return to Montreal. In any case, I'll focus on trying to grow some plants indoors and starting a new blog:  http://lessondaily.blogspot.ca/


No comments:

Post a Comment