Tuesday 22 May 2012

Gardening Blues

Clearly going day by day is not going to work here. There are a number of factors including weather, having a social life, and frustration at plants dying that have stunted the development of this daily hobby. The weather of late has been a major obstacle to a flourishing garden. A few days of rain last week, followed by several day of intense heat both discouraged me from any sort of progress. I spent one day trying to uproot weeds thanks to my neighbors weed whacker, and another trying to remove random wild plants from the backyard in order to have fertile soil for the veggies I want to harvest. Most recently I purchased two tomato plants, a few pepper plants, onion and garlic bulbs, and seeds from a variety of herbs such as basil, cilantro, mint, and oregano. I even found some catnip seeds which will surely delight my cat in 4-6 weeks. Tomorrow promises to be a nice enough day so I may begin to sow my seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment