Monday 3 February 2014

Icelandic Gardens

One would assume that a country with "ice" in its name wouldn't boast terribly creative gardens. On my visit there last month, however, I discovered that that is not necessarily the case! I spent a week in Reykjavik checking out random gardens in the capitol between tourist attractions. Although green was noticeably absent (it being January and all) there was still a presence of some pretty original gardens. The treehouse in the middle photo is probably what impressed me most. It was nice to see people making efforts in their gardens, especially considering they barely see any daylight in the winter. Definitely a country I would recommend for a completely new experience, first rate tourist attractions, and loads of friendly tourists/people!



No comments:

Post a Comment