Friday 3 May 2013

Water Gardens

Although most people associate gardens as being on land, some of the most beautiful gardens can in fact be found on, around, or in water. Water or aquatic gardens are generally man-made and don't require much maintenance. The roots of the plants usually connect with land in shallow waters but that isn't always the case. Below are three photographs taken from three different countries. The first is a of a giant water garden in South Korea. I stumbled upon it by accident but was mesmerized by its vastness and uniqueness. The second is from a town in the Czech Republic. I think it was meant to refer to some Greek God giving birth in the water, but you'd have to ask my mother about that one. The third is basically similar to the lilies in the first picture but enhanced by reflections from Regensburg, Germany. I'm not quite sure what my fascination is with water gardens, but considering my fondness of nature and swimming they were bound to collide. 

SOUTH KOREA:

CZECH REPUBLIC:

GERMANY:

No comments:

Post a Comment